Friday, May 8, 2015

George Hamilton, After Sitting Down With Oprah ~ Took Time To Chat With Archbishop L J Guillory, in Beverly Hills About His Book "Don't Mind If I Do"

George Hamilton explains his unsettling perma-tan to Oprah
"I was kind of a gangling, Jerry Lewis funny kind of guy in school, and I went from an eastern boarding school to… Florida where my mother was. I went there for the vacation and turned overnight into this lobster-red, which then turned into a brown. It was the first time I ever got hit on by a girl. So, I associated it with the tan." Said, Hamilton to Oprah!
Archbishop Guillory said Hamiltion looks amazing. He still looks trim and healthy, which he credits to experimental stem-cell therapy injections: “I still wear the same size clothes I wore in high school. It has nothing to do with luck. I’m concerned with how I look and feel. I’m busier than ever.” Hamilton has two coming movies: “I play an Alzheimer’s patient who thinks he’s Dean Martin, and in another fi lm I’m a corrupt congressman,” he says.
“I just produced a documentary on daredevil Evel Knievel, and I’m producing another about Errol Flynn’s son, a Vietnam war photographer. I’m launching my one-man stage show touring America telling stories from my life and my son Ashley and I are set to co-star in a new TV comedy Damaged Goods. I don’t think I’ll ever retire.”
Yet Hamilton feels he doesn’t get the respect he deserves in Hollywood, saying: “I’ve been dismissed by the very best. I enjoy acting now, but the glamour has gone from Hollywood. Actors can be so boring today.
“Life’s incredible for me now, and I have the freedom to live it without many of the responsibilities I had before. “Life’s no longer about accumulating wealth, it’s about having experiences. Who knows – maybe I’ll find love again.”